Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fried (actually baked) Pickels

Here's something I haven't tried before...fried pickels. I know some people will fry anything. Well, I'm not one for frying, you know, healthy living and all that...so, I was out with some friends and along came the order of fried pickels. Here's the trick, use very fresh pickels and a breading that protects the food inside. The goal is to have the pickel crunch when you take a bite. I'm working on my own breading and dipping sauce. I couldn't get the exact recipe for the dip, so it's still a work in progress. It goes something like this: pesto mixed with honey mustard dressing and some cilantro. I know...but, WOW! terrific flavor! The breading is also a trial and error to find the right, light, fully covering batter. It'll happen...thankfully, pickels don't go out of season.

No comments:

Post a Comment