Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dessert Truffle Research

So, the cake balls I've been mentioning, are now called dessert truffles for my catering business. For some reason, the word "balls" didn't go over real well for some people when it came to eating...
My plan for the holidays is to research and develop various flavors for the Thanksgiving and Christmas party plans. I've come up with Thanksgiving flavors of carrot/spice, butter pecan, pumpkin, orange. For Christmas, mint chocolate, peppermint, red velvet, and chocolate covered cherry. I've made the mint chocolate and, ooooohh baby!!! Fabulous! I used a triple chocolate cake with mint flavoring and mint chocolate chip frosting. The pumpkin is still a work in progress and the cherry may have brandy included for better flavor enhancement. So far, these babies are a huge hit...I just hope I don't get carpel tunnel from all the wrist action!

No comments:

Post a Comment