Sunday, October 11, 2009

Re-creating a Zinger Cake

I'd do just about anything for my sister...until now. My sister finds this recipe that is a re-creation of the chocolate Zinger from the 70's. Even though she has great baking skills, she realizes the time this is going to take, sooooo, a little begging later and no deadline; I decide (of course) to take on this challenge. I spent 4 1/2 hours today making what is basically a cake with filling. Granted, the cake is absolutely one of the best I've ever tasted. But the filling and frosting are crazy time-consuming. The end product is very yummy- filled with calories and not something you want to eat every day (it has shortening in the filling). But...I think I like having my sister indebted to me for at least a month!!! As for a new catering product- not so much. I'll keep this as a special family/friend recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Did you eat them all or are you going to share???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to my wonderful sister for making this absolutely delicious dessert for me!!!! Can't wait to find out what she's gonna want from me in return....:)

    ReplyDelete