Monday, December 7, 2009

Macadamia Nut Fever...

Yes, that's what happens when you spend a little time in Hawaii. I spent the last 10 days in Kauai sleeping in, roaming the island by day and eating with a sunset by night. What caught me was the many ways to cook with macadamia nuts. Whethter they were whole or crushed, we ate them in salads, potatoes, as breading for mahi mahi or mixed in with rice. Amazing texture and crunch for a variety of menus. Of course, our favorite...toffee and chocolate covered nuts! Can't beat those; we ate one bag and stashed one in the luggage for home savoring. I now have a few new recipes to experiment with...my first is the grilled mahi mahi sandwich with a rub of crushed macadamias mixed with butter, pepper and parsley, covered with sliced tomato, avacado, and lettuce. I can only hope to find that fabulous flavor that my tastebuds remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment