Wednesday, November 25, 2009

All Ready for Thanksgiving?

I'm heading off on another trip- I know, again? -- but, this is special. Taking my Mom to Hawaii...it was the one thing she requested before she dies. So, life has been busy getting ready to go and prepping for some parties I have coming up for the holidays. Tomorrow is simple, my sister's cooking!! Yeah, now that's what I'm talkin'about! I'm doing a slight amount of support as in steamed green beans with crumbled bacon, pepper, garlic and butter. Then, I've been hunting for something different with sweet potatoes...I came up with a mixture of several recipes. I wanted to make a sweet potato pie, but mini-pies. I found a recipe on food network and made it my own by using puff pastry shells and cooking the sweet potatoes with butter, spices, and a little cream cheese. Let's hope the family likes it! I'll be checking back in soon, and we'll be having holiday party fever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment