Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Garden Fresh Hodge Podge Catering

And what is that you wonder??? A friend of mine has an awsome one acre size garden and asked if she gave me ingredients, would I cook various foods for her? It took me about 30 seconds to say "of course!" She grows it, but hates to cook it. So, each day she would bring me a bag of supplies and I can take however much time I need to bang out a few meals. I guess I use the word "meals" loosely, because she just wanted lots of different foods, not necessarily grouped for eating together. I made zucchini bread and cake; fresh salsa and pesto; a heavenly strawberry glaze for the chicken she bought, not raised; a meatless shepherd's pie; stuffed peppers; luscious cucmber salad; and her favorite: a big lettuce salad with tons of leftovers thrown in (like raspberries, carrots, red onions, shallots, cucumbers, green and red peppers, tomatoes, green beans, pea pods, and strawberries.) I threw in bunches of sauteed veggies that she can freeze. What a great ending to a fabulous growing season!

No comments:

Post a Comment