Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back to the Basics with Meatloaf...

Yes, meatloaf. The old standby to throw something together and have it taste great. I've gotten a request to cater a family dinner for 12. The Mom and hostess wants to spend time with family and not hang in the kitchen, (a room she secretly hates). So, as we talked, she states her family is very picky and don't like any new-fangled (her word) flavors. She wants 2 meatloafs, one no onions, mashed potatoes, buttered corn, side salad, cheese biscuits, and apple pie. Wow, that's right out of middle America! I grew up on that meal! Easy as the apple pie!!! So, instead of looking through my bank of recipes, I grabbed my family cookbook and pulled out the recipes Mom used to make. I hope they love it as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment