Monday, April 6, 2009

Starting out...

Here I am, writing about what I love...why? I think there are others out there just like me and I want to share some the helpful hints I have learned during my journey as a home-based caterer.

First of all, I only choose the events that I know I can handle. Most of my work is from word-of-mouth marketing; which suits my needs right now. I currently work full time for the health and retirement benefits, but I'd love to cut back or quit some day and focus on my catering business.

Last week I catered a Bunko party for 12. I always ask a theme when deciding on a menu; then I bring something related to the theme, like a vase, platter, water fountain or such. This is always a huge hit and I get more business simply for the presentation (and of course the great food).

No comments:

Post a Comment